Do what you want.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moar Stuff

Apparently there is now a Facebook app that lets you put the Ubuntu countdown on your profile. Check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=115718008445537&v=wall

I can't really express how excited I am for Lucid... though now that I've figured out how to use Ubuntu Tweak, I'm not sure whether I'll be doing a clean install or installing through the update manager as I can just delete the old kernels to free up some space. With a clean install, there might be a different version of GRUB, which would be great as I strongly dislike the one that was packaged with Karmic - it's not very compatible with my dad's old laptop, as I can't "xforcevesa" to get in and change the graphics setting so that I don't have to "xforcevesa" in the future.

It doesn't matter anymore, though: they got a new optical drive for it, so I left a copy of Winxp sp3 with them when spring break was over. It's an upgrade considering the laptop originally ran Win ME, and dad doesn't have to try and learn a new operating system, though he's capable of it, I'm sure.

Oh, and dual-screen monitors is the best thing since sliced bread; I'm officially addicted. You should try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment